Update 6:20 PM October 11: AOL has resolved the problem described below. All delayed mail has been delivered, and all services are operating normally.
AOL.com had an outage lasting about 3 hours last night (from 11:24 PM Pacific time December 20 to 2:28 AM Pacific time December 21). This problem — a failure of AOL’s DNS servers — affected many people sending e-mail to AOL, and wasn’t related to our service (see this report and this one).
However, if you sent mail to an aol.com address during this time, your messages probably “bounced” with an error saying “Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=aol.com”. If so, you should try sending the message again, and it will work normally. As always, we’ll continue to monitor AOL deliveries closely.
- PHP 5.3.25 and 5.4.15
- High load on web04 server May 9 2013 (resolved)
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache security
- WordPress login rate limiting (again)
- Slow performance on web04 server April 11, 2013 (resolved)
- Outage on web12 server April 9, 2013 (resolved)
- Network outage March 23 2013 (resolved)
- PHP 5.3 upgraded to 5.3.22; PHP 5.4.12 also available
- Brief performance problem on web12 server March 4, 2013 (resolved)
- Brief scheduled maintenance February 26 2013 (completed)