Update 6:20 PM October 11: AOL has resolved the problem described below. All delayed mail has been delivered, and all services are operating normally.
AOL.com had an outage lasting about 3 hours last night (from 11:24 PM Pacific time December 20 to 2:28 AM Pacific time December 21). This problem — a failure of AOL’s DNS servers — affected many people sending e-mail to AOL, and wasn’t related to our service (see this report and this one).
However, if you sent mail to an aol.com address during this time, your messages probably “bounced” with an error saying “Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=aol.com”. If so, you should try sending the message again, and it will work normally. As always, we’ll continue to monitor AOL deliveries closely.
- PHP 5.4.22 and 5.5.6
- Thanksgiving 2013 Holiday Hours
- Brief outage on web04 server November 11, 2013 (resolved)
- Updates: MySQL 5.1.72, PHP 5.4.21, PHP 5.5.5 (completed)
- WordPress 3.7.1
- web11 server hardware failure October 23, 2013 (resolved)
- Technical details of the CVE-2013-4365 mod_fcgid bug
- Brief scheduled maintenance on web06 server September 28, 2013 (completed)
- Avoid forwarding spam to other services
- Gmail problems September 23, 2013 (resolved)