As a result, Web site service and the ability to read incoming e-mail for some customers will be unavailable for approximately five minutes at some point during this maintenance “window”.
Customers on the “mom” server experienced a seven minute interruption in Web site and e-mail service between 4:26 and 4:33 AM Pacific time this morning (September 15).
Customers on other servers were not affected.
At approximately 11:00 PM Pacific time on Friday, April 3, the “flexo”, “mom” and “elzar” servers will be restarted. As a result, Web site and e-mail service for some customers will be unavailable for approximately five minutes.
No e-mail will be lost, of course; incoming mail will just be slightly delayed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This maintenance is necessary to install an updated “kernel” on our servers, as described in an earlier post.
Update: We’re also going to include the “zapp” server in this maintenance to replace a disk in the RAID array.
Update 2: The maintenance was completed with less than five minutes of “downtime”.
At 11:00 PM Pacific time tonight (January 26), the “mom” server will be restarted. As a result, Web sites and e-mail service for customers using that server will be unavailable for approximately five minutes.
Other servers will not be affected. And no e-mail will be lost, of course; incoming mail will just be delayed for a few minutes.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Brief scheduled maintenance on web05 & web07 servers May 22, 2013
- PHP 5.3.25 and 5.4.15
- High load on web04 server May 9 2013 (resolved)
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache security
- WordPress login rate limiting (again)
- Slow performance on web04 server April 11, 2013 (resolved)
- Outage on web12 server April 9, 2013 (resolved)
- Network outage March 23 2013 (resolved)
- PHP 5.3 upgraded to 5.3.22; PHP 5.4.12 also available
- Brief performance problem on web12 server March 4, 2013 (resolved)