As a result, Web site service and the ability to read incoming e-mail for some customers will be unavailable for approximately five minutes at some point during this maintenance “window”.
Customers on the “mom” server experienced a seven minute interruption in Web site and e-mail service between 4:26 and 4:33 AM Pacific time this morning (September 15).
Customers on other servers were not affected.
At approximately 11:00 PM Pacific time on Friday, April 3, the “flexo”, “mom” and “elzar” servers will be restarted. As a result, Web site and e-mail service for some customers will be unavailable for approximately five minutes.
No e-mail will be lost, of course; incoming mail will just be slightly delayed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This maintenance is necessary to install an updated “kernel” on our servers, as described in an earlier post.
Update: We’re also going to include the “zapp” server in this maintenance to replace a disk in the RAID array.
Update 2: The maintenance was completed with less than five minutes of “downtime”.
At 11:00 PM Pacific time tonight (January 26), the “mom” server will be restarted. As a result, Web sites and e-mail service for customers using that server will be unavailable for approximately five minutes.
Other servers will not be affected. And no e-mail will be lost, of course; incoming mail will just be delayed for a few minutes.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- PHP 5.4.22 and 5.5.6
- Thanksgiving 2013 Holiday Hours
- Brief outage on web04 server November 11, 2013 (resolved)
- Updates: MySQL 5.1.72, PHP 5.4.21, PHP 5.5.5 (completed)
- WordPress 3.7.1
- web11 server hardware failure October 23, 2013 (resolved)
- Technical details of the CVE-2013-4365 mod_fcgid bug
- Brief scheduled maintenance on web06 server September 28, 2013 (completed)
- Avoid forwarding spam to other services
- Gmail problems September 23, 2013 (resolved)