I lamented the lack of detailed statistics about how many transfers each registrar rejected. However, it turns out that some of those numbers are actually available right on the ICANN Web site.
One of the most frustrating things we deal with is helping customers transfer domain names from other “registrars” (domain name companies) to us. To do this, we ask the old company to release the domain name, and they then have five business days to either release it or reject the transfer.
There’s an obvious potential conflict-of-interest here. An unscrupulous company could easily make more money by rejecting the transfer and forcing the domain name owner to renew it there instead.
- PHP 7.2.20 and 7.3.7
- 4th of July 2019 holiday hours
- WP Super Cache 1.6.8 and Cloudflare
- Special offer: $50 savings on new hosting through July 20
- PHP 7.1.30, 7.2.19 and 7.3.6
- Having trouble with special characters in your PHP scripts?
- Memorial Day 2019 holiday hours
- Scheduled maintenance May 24, 2019 for some servers (complete)
- Scheduled maintenance May 17 & 18, 2019 for some servers (completed)
- Scheduled maintenance May 10 & 11, 2019 for some servers (completed)