I lamented the lack of detailed statistics about how many transfers each registrar rejected. However, it turns out that some of those numbers are actually available right on the ICANN Web site.
One of the most frustrating things we deal with is helping customers transfer domain names from other “registrars” (domain name companies) to us. To do this, we ask the old company to release the domain name, and they then have five business days to either release it or reject the transfer.
There’s an obvious potential conflict-of-interest here. An unscrupulous company could easily make more money by rejecting the transfer and forcing the domain name owner to renew it there instead.
- President’s Day 2020 holiday hours
- Brief MySQL scheduled maintenance February 15, 2020
- Updated webmail for 2020
- PHP versions 7.2.27, 7.3.14, and 7.4.2
- PHP versions 7.2.26, 7.3.13, and 7.4.1
- New Year’s Eve / Day 2020 Holiday Hours
- Christmas 2019 Holiday Hours
- PHP 7.4 series now available
- PHP 7.1.33, 7.2.25 and 7.3.12
- Thanksgiving 2019 Holiday Hours