Sneak Preview: New Webmail
We’re pleased to announce that our new Webmail pages are available for public “beta testing”. The new Webmail system is a modified version of the popular SquirrelMail software, which has many features the older system lacks.
In particular, you’ll find:
- A flexible search feature that lets you search through subjects, senders, and more.
- The ability to optionally view “unsafe” images in HTML messages.
- Preferences that permanently remember things such as your time zone and date format.
- An easier-to-use address book.
- Optional threaded message display.
- Message filters (sorting incoming mail into certain folders) and highlighting.
- Automatic conversion of many foreign-language character sets to UTF-8 display, making it easier to read messages written in other languages.
- And much more…
The new Webmail pages are only available at this special URL for now:
It’s marked as a “beta test version” because although we’ve tested it heavily in-house, we don’t like to call anything “fully tested” until it’s been used extensively by real people. We encourage our bolder customers to give it a try and let us know about any problems you encounter.
Over the next month or so, we’ll make the new Webmail system more and more visible, eventually phasing out the old system.