I lamented the lack of detailed statistics about how many transfers each registrar rejected. However, it turns out that some of those numbers are actually available right on the ICANN Web site.
One of the most frustrating things we deal with is helping customers transfer domain names from other “registrars” (domain name companies) to us. To do this, we ask the old company to release the domain name, and they then have five business days to either release it or reject the transfer.
There’s an obvious potential conflict-of-interest here. An unscrupulous company could easily make more money by rejecting the transfer and forcing the domain name owner to renew it there instead.
- Thanksgiving 2015 Holiday Hours
- Preventing PHP scripts from running in /wp-content/uploads
- PHP 7.0.0RC7 experimentally available
- PHP 5.6.15
- PHP 7.0.0RC6 experimentally available
- Slight change to compressed e-mail filenames
- Brief MySQL scheduled maintenance October 30, 2015 (completed)
- Protection against a critical Joomla security bug
- PHP 7.0.0RC5 experimentally available
- PHP 5.5.30 and 5.6.14