I lamented the lack of detailed statistics about how many transfers each registrar rejected. However, it turns out that some of those numbers are actually available right on the ICANN Web site.
One of the most frustrating things we deal with is helping customers transfer domain names from other “registrars” (domain name companies) to us. To do this, we ask the old company to release the domain name, and they then have five business days to either release it or reject the transfer.
There’s an obvious potential conflict-of-interest here. An unscrupulous company could easily make more money by rejecting the transfer and forcing the domain name owner to renew it there instead.
- Brief MySQL scheduled maintenance February 5, 2016 (completed)
- Networking issues January 27 2016 (resolved)
- AWStats updated to version 7.4
- We now offer free SSL certificates from Let’s Encrypt
- PHP 7.0.2, 5.6.17, and 5.5.31
- Networking issues January 10 2016 (resolved)
- New Year’s (2015/2016) Holiday Hours
- PHP 5.3 rebuilt (but please don’t use it any more)
- Christmas 2015 Holiday Hours
- PHP 7.0.1